Main Place of Work: Saunders House, Parliament Business Park, L8 7BA
Responsible to: Youth Hub Manager
Salary: £24,000 – £26,000
Employment Contract: Fixed term until 31st August 2025
Hours: 16 hours over 3 days (Flexible Working)
Purpose of the post:
To deliver effective personalised pathways to employment for young people aged 16 – 24 years who have not been in education, training, or work.
Responsibilities of the post:
Work with Young People
• To identify and engage young people aged 16-24 years who have not been in education, training, or work.
• To market the programme effectively to the target group, via direct promotion and appropriate networking activities working with the Participation Group.
• To undertake a comprehensive initial assessment.
• Be able to deliver virtual sessions.
• To deliver an induction programme including a programme of tailored personal development activities.
• To utilise bespoke Personal Development tools to design a personalised pathway for young people.
• To provide intensive 1-1 support including home visits, supported signposting and motivational activities.
• To plan, deliver and evaluate a group work programme which trains young people in life and employability skills.
• To plan, deliver and evaluate the learner journey.
• To offer a diverse and adaptable programme balancing needs, rights, and responsibilities of young people.
• To coach and embed employment skills through a fun and challenging programme.
• To provide a holistic approach to address barriers to attainment, learning and employment.
• To support young people’s forums to increase the participation of young people in the quality assurance of programmes.
• To provide post-employment mentoring support for up to six months.
Work with Other Professionals
• To develop and maintain effective and consistent professional relationships with delivery partners, to ensure the effective delivery of the programme and targets are met within deadlines.
• To identify and liaise with partner agencies providing existing services which meet young people’s needs and undertake supported signposting with young people.
• To ensure that the project delivers effectively and provides a consistent approach with Work Programme Providers, Job Centre Plus and other Liverpool City Region Employment Strategies.
• To work closely with key stakeholders
Monitoring and Evaluation
• To utilise CRM system to monitor and record young people’s progress.
• To record initial assessments including learning goals and individual pathway plans.
• To utilise Personal Development tools, Session Plans and Evaluations.
• To work with Evaluator to ensure all evaluation outcomes are met.
• To utilise agreed outcome measurement tools to ensure distance travelled is recorded and measured.
• To track young people during their involvement on the project
• To contribute to the development of the Development Plan
• Participate in relevant training and development identified in partnership with Line Manager
• To work within the Safeguarding and Child Protection Policies and Procedure Guidelines
• To attend and participate in Team Meetings
• To participate in regular Supervision Sessions
• Promote in a positive way the work of Employability Solutions
• To maintain the confidentiality of the service
• Develop a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Non-Discriminatory Practices
• To adhere to agreed Health & Safety and Security Procedures
• Adhere to all Policies and Procedures
All adults working in, or on behalf of the school have a responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. This includes the responsibility to provide a safe environment in which children can learn.
Please refer to the below document. This guidance applies to all schools and is for: headteachers, teaching staff and the wider workforce including volunteers; governors, directors and board members. It sets out the legal duties you must follow to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people in schools and colleges.
This job description is a representative document. Other reasonably similar duties may be allocated from time to time commensurate with the general character of the post and its grading. The person appointed will be expected to work flexibly and the exact nature of the duties described above is subject to periodic review and is liable to change.