Place of Work: 20 Greenhead Road, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD1 4EN
Responsible to: Curriculum Manager
Employment Contract: Monday to Friday, Term Time Only (40 weeks)
Hours: 35 Hours per week
Responsibilities of the post:
- To oversee the initial assessment process and determining student timetables upon enrolment. To undertake on-going assessment of students to set appropriate targets, to maximise individual performance.
- Design and deliver a broad and balanced, project-based curriculum to 16+ year olds within an Alternative Education Setting and use strategies to maximise participation.
- Continually develop systems of monitoring, recording, and assessing student progress to ensure their effectiveness, implementing, and upholding the procedures consistently.
- Maintain robust procedures for monitoring, recording, and communicating student attendance in accordance with the Company Attendance Policy. Implement and uphold the procedures consistently within the framework of Service Level Agreements and Contracts as directed.
- Report to Head of Education on a regular basis on attendance and student progress, in line with company procedures and reporting structures.
- To undertake the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of students’ achievement data including progress towards targets (academic and social).
- Undertake OTLA’s as per contract delivery requirements.
To prepare reports and communicate to parents, schools, Support Centres, and other agencies / professionals as appropriate.
- To oversee the maintenance of high quality, accurate records for students in the centre.
- To prepare for post-19 progression and source and support work experience placements.
- Adopt a participative and collaborative style of management to encourage team working.
- Take an active part in appraising own work against agreed priorities and targets
- Follow the company tracking of progress procedure in individual subject areas.
- Support effective working relationships with Secondary Schools, Ofsted, and External Partners.
- To deliver a broad and balanced, project-based curriculum to 16+ year olds within an Alternative Education Setting.
- To work effectively with students and their families to prevent placement breakdown.
- Work closely with Student Services Mentor to ensure the integration of students is successful.
- To ensure all areas of curriculum delivery are consistent with individual students ILP’s.
- Consider SEND, Behaviour Management Strategies, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties and Neurodevelopmental Conditions when differentiating curriculum plans.
- Attend all scheduled meetings as required.
Please email your CV and a copy of the completed application form to HR@Employabilitysolutions.com.