Employer: Employability Solutions Independent Schools
Employment Contract: Permanent
Hours: A minimum of 25 Hours per week is required. Full time available
Starting Salary: £20,384 (Full time equivalent based on 35 hours)
Employer details: Employability Solutions is a social enterprise working across Liverpool and West Yorkshire, delivering alternative community education to both secondary school-aged children and adults through a range of different programmes.
The closing date is 10/09/2023 but we reserve the right to withdraw the post earlier if we reach a suitable number of candidates.
Are you PASSIONATE about PEOPLE?
Employability Solutions is seeking a passionate, committed, confident communicator to join our team and help us to build a fantastic work culture!
The main purpose of the role will be to support the Chief Operating Officer in consistently implementing company values and behaviours that promote a culture of inclusion, wellbeing and continuous professional development, whilst ensuring compliance with employment law and safer recruitment procedures.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
• Continually seeking to improve recruitment, retention and employee experience.
• Promoting a culture of continuous professional development, seeking out opportunities that support the work and ethos of Employability Solutions.
• Taking ownership of staff benefit provisions/employee assistance programmes.
• Contribute to the development of a robust and meaningful annual appraisal cycle and ensure that this is implemented consistently, supporting line managers to meet required deadlines.
• Developing and implementing new projects that contribute to the improvement of the employee experience and individual well-being.
• Working closely with the HR administrator to support all aspects of HR administration, including maintaining the school’s Single Central Record, adhering to statutory Safer Recruitment Procedures, carrying out pre-employment checks, onboarding, and induction procedures.
• Preparing and amending HR documents and communications i.e., Letters, Job Descriptions, Person Specifications, Contracts of Employment, Addendums etc.
• Maintaining accurate employee and volunteer records, ensuring BrightHR and internal databases remain updated.
• Collating sickness and return to work paperwork, preparing monthly data for payroll.
• Maintaining accurate training and CPD compliance records for staff.
• Assist in formal meetings, for example, disciplinaries and grievances.
• Provide day-to-day advice to employees and line managers on general HR-related requests and queries in line with policies and procedures, escalating more complex issues to the HR team.
• Management of the HR mailbox.
• Assist if and when required with additional administration/receptionist work across the company.
• Assist the wider SLT team with related administration or requests for information.
• Follow company policies and procedures.
• Attend training courses, team briefings, or inset days as and when required.
• Commitment to your own personal and continuous professional development.
Safeguarding Roles and Responsibilities of School Staff:
All adults working in, or on behalf of the school have a responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. This includes:
Responsibility to provide a safe environment in which children can learn.
Please refer to the below document. This guidance applies to all schools and is for headteachers, teaching staff and the wider workforce including volunteers; governors, directors and board members. It sets out the legal duties you must follow to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people in schools and colleges.
We are looking for someone who has:
• A related professional qualification and/or experience of working in a similar role
• Initiative and ability to suggest ways of improving process efficiency
• Strong IT skills, and experience of using Microsoft Packages
• Strong interpersonal skills and a confident communicator
• The ability to work effectively within a small/close team
• The ability to handle difficult conversations
• A high level of accuracy within a fast-paced and growing Social Enterprise
• A friendly, approachable, flexible, can-do attitude.
• Ability to act with discretion, professionalism and confidentiality
In return, we will:
Provide a full training and development plan alongside a full safeguarding and company induction. Excellent support and mentoring. Access to a workplace pension scheme and other benefits.