We are recruiting a Alternative Provision teacher to be based in our Liverpool centre. We currently have two vacancies for this position with a september start date.
Main Place of Work: 52 Wellington Street, Garston, Liverpool, L19 2LX
Responsible to: Curriculum Manager
Employment Contract: Monday to Friday, Term Time Only (40 weeks)
Hours: 35 Hours per week
Salary: £27,610.80 negotiable dependent on experience
Responsibilities of the post:
- To oversee the initial assessment process and determining student timetables upon enrolment. To undertake on-going assessment of students to set appropriate targets, to maximise individual performance.
- Design and deliver a broad and balanced, project-based curriculum to 16+ year olds within an Alternative Education Setting and use strategies to maximise participation.
- Continually develop systems of monitoring, recording, and assessing student progress to ensure their effectiveness, implementing, and upholding the procedures consistently.
- Maintain robust procedures for monitoring, recording, and communicating student attendance in accordance with the Company Attendance Policy. Implement and uphold the procedures consistently within the framework of Service Level Agreements and Contracts as directed.
- Report to Head of Education on a regular basis on attendance and student progress, in line with company procedures and reporting structures.
- To undertake the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of students’ achievement data including progress towards targets (academic and social).
- Undertake OTLA’s as per contract delivery requirements.
- To prepare reports and communicate to parents, schools, Support Centres, and other agencies / professionals as appropriate.
- To oversee the maintenance of high quality, accurate records for students in the centre.
- To prepare for post-19 progression and source and support work experience placements.
- Adopt a participative and collaborative style of management to encourage team working.
- Take an active part in appraising own work against agreed priorities and targets.
- Follow the company tracking of progress procedure in individual subject areas.
- Support effective working relationships with Secondary Schools, Ofsted, and External Partners.
- To deliver a broad and balanced, project-based curriculum to KS4 and KS5 within an Alternative Education Setting.
- To work effectively with students and their families to prevent placement breakdown.
- Work closely with Student Services Mentor to ensure the integration of students is successful.
- To ensure all areas of curriculum delivery are consistent with individual students ILP’s.
- Consider SEND, Behaviour Management Strategies, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties and Neurodevelopmental Conditions when differentiating curriculum plans.
- Attend all scheduled meetings as required.
All adults working in, or on behalf of the school have a responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. This includes responsibility to provide a safe environment in which children can learn.
Please refer to the below document. This guidance applies to all schools and is for: headteachers, teaching staff and the wider workforce including volunteers; governors, directors and board members. It sets out the legal duties you must follow to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people in schools and colleges.
You can read the most up to date KCSIE guidance using the link below:
This job description is a representative document. Other reasonably similar duties may be allocated from time to time commensurate with the general character of the post and its grading. The person appointed will be expected to work flexibly and the exact nature of the duties described above is subject to periodic review and is liable to change.
In return we will:
Provide a full training and development plan alongside a full safeguarding and company induction. Excellent support and mentoring. Access to a workplace pension scheme and other benefits.
To apply for this vacancy, please send a completed application to Jake Lord, HR Manager via email to email@example.com